Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookies, who needs them?

I think cookies are the ultimate 'comfort' food....they go with most beverages, milk, tea, coffee, water, wine, and yes maybe even some special drinks...like amaretto and shortbread, irish bailey's cream and peanut butter. But there's really nothing like a glass of cold milk and a few choice homemade cookies...oatmeal raisin with walnuts. It's the perfect breakfast. (if you are not watching your calories)

Speaking of calories, have you ever spent hours at the grocery store looking at the millons of choices of cookies boxes, searching for that tasty treat that is under 100 calories for 3? Well if you haven't done such a search, I have, and I can tell you it doesn't exist.

I am sharing my two favorite holiday cookies, from my mother's drawer of recipes. Straight out of 1950 Pillsbury Best...

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. Nothing more comforting on the planet than hot peanut butter cookies and a glass of cold milk. Thanks for sharing might give these PB ones a whirl!

    ReplyDelete