Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

Christmas is over. It swoops in, much like Santa Claus on his sleigh, drops off some pretty wonderful gifts, and gallops off into the night, until next year....I didn't get to knit alot before Christmas, but I made up for lost time after Christmas when we drove to Truckee the next day.

Christmas is always a bittersweet time for me, I miss both my parents the entire 2 days. So it's really about showing up, giving gifts, eating the festival of 7 fishes on the 24th, and drinking Maria's Martini's to numb out the ache in my heart that Clara and Frank won't be there anymore. We started a new tradition (I guess last year, but I don't remember it, due to the Martinis)...get a bottle of Anisette (Marie Blizzard, or Brizard?)
and toast to everyonewho has passed on...we sat for a good hour talking about Uncle Jimmy (Caringella), Aunt Sue, Aunt Clara,Uncle Joe,  Frank and Clara, and all the great things we love and miss about them. There is healing with verbal communication. Then we opened gifts, laughed and I felt my shoulders were a bit lighter....


No comments:

Post a Comment