Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Meet Philippe!

I got home last night, and Michael surprised me with his own rendition of a Philippe sandwich! Roasted pork on a french roll, au jus (homemade) and some of the famous Philippe mustard. He went to the Dodgers game last Friday and headed to this famous landmark after the game and picked up a jar.




The sandwich was just great, and since I had to fly from Santa Maria to Vegas (damn Allegiant!) I was too tired to think of my culinary skills and whip up a meal. We watched the game and I savored the sandwich.

Interestingly enough, on the Philippe website is a bobble head, I guess this is what the little french guy looked like:



It might make a great Christmas gift for a special sibling (not you Lou)...our family has been visiting this hole-in-wall for four generations!

More later...

1 comment:

  1. Well you only have one other sibling, so Maria's is getting this?

    ReplyDelete